Govt. of Assam
Public Health Engineering Department, Nalbari District
A Report on various activities, under Nalbari (PHE) Division
PHED is basically working in providing drinking water supply and sanitation facilities to then rural population.
Sanitation Sector: -
- Under “Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin (SBM – G)”, 69,580 nos. of sanitary toilet have been constructed in the District and based on “Base Line Survey- 2012 (BLS – 2012)”, the district has been recognized as “Open Defecation Free (ODF)” District on 15th August, 2017, for which special recognition has been conferred to PHED Nalbari by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam.
- For conversion of dysfunctional toilets, 9466 nos. of toilet has been sanctioned by Government under “Swachh Bharat Kosh (SBK)” and constructions of these toilets are now going on full swing.
- 2502 nos. of Toilets are sanctioned against the eligible beneficiaries that “Left Over Base Line Survey – 2012 (LoB – 2012)” and construction of these toilets are now going on.
- 26 nos. of “Community Sanitary Complex (CSC)” have so far been constructed.
- Training of Swachhagrahies on ODF Sustainability under “Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin (SBM – G)” are now going on.
Water Sector: -
- Construction of 9 nos. of Piped Water Supply Scheme at 18 no. Balitara GP under NRDWP (SAGY) is presently going on full swing covering 7 nos. of villages and amounting to Rs. 4,98,49,300.00 as follows –
- Construction of Uttar Bali PWSS
- Construction of Naherbari PWSS
- Construction of Nagaon PWSS
- Upgradation of Hahdoli PWSS
- Upgradation of Balitara No.1 PWSS
- Upgradation of Balitara No.2 PWSS
- Construction of Chenoipar Mini PWSS
- Construction of Pachim Balitara Mini PWSS
- Construction of Malibhetha Mini PWSS
- Construction of Bakuajari PWSS under NRDWP is started; Deep Tube Well (DTW) is already installed.
- Construction of Bhadrabongal PWSS under NRDWP is started; Deep Tube Well (DTW) is already installed.
- Construction of Bistupur PWSS under NRDWP is started; Deep Tube Well is already installed, Under Ground Reservoir (UGR) & Treatment Plan (TP) are also constructed.
- Surveillance & Monitoring of Water Quality are continuously done under the District Level Laboratory (DLL), located Nalbari and under Sub-division Level Laboratory (SDLL) located at Belsor.